Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Alone

It's the start of what is going to be a quiet week.

Divas are at grandparents for a few days, and I am recovering from hosting a baby shower yesterday. Recovering because I drank a 1/2 bottle of wine the night before the shower, and because the wild 22 and 23 year olds I co-hosted with mixed vodka, pink lemonade and watermelon chunks together and served 'em at the shower. They both showed up hung over so it became a contest to see how many of those we could drink to constitute "hair of the dog." Maybe for them it worked, but I became totally useless as the day dragged on.

After cleaning up after the shower, I folded one load of laundry and then, blanked out in front of E! and HBO for the rest of the day.

I felt guilty. But then, I convinced myself not to feel guilty. I never get to do this anymore. No interruptions from the Divas, most of the household drudgery is under control, so I just let myself go...into passive mode.

Bad thing is, it's catching. I have it today, too.

It's Monday. I should be working. I slept 'til 11. I had coffee. I perused perez hilton and tmz. I took sis in law to the airport (sole reason for getting dressed -- she's going out of town! Can't believe it, divas and sis in law out of town for a whole week!!) I watched some more E!, ate a piece of leftover coconut cake from the shower, and now I am attempting to work again. Wait! No...I am blogging!

Is this what life was like when I was single, before Divas?

I am alone, super lazy and really...almost depressed. I miss em!

No comments: