Tuesday, July 21, 2009

That Sexy Mortgage

Second day of the divas being gone.

House is eerily quiet. But nice. I can do this.

Should be a great week. No kids…full of eating out, partying, hanging out with friends, going to the movies, having sex (!), right?

Wrong (insert buzzer sound here)!

I couldn't pay the whole mortgage this month. I paid what I could, but all my clients are soooo slow pay, plus, I hardly have any clients. No one is buying fancy suits so hubby isn't doing so well either. The bank, however, did call hubby at work today and informed him that the mortage hadn't been fully paid. He already knew this, but his gasket blew nonetheless and he called me to inform me that he couldn't receive calls like that at work. So I called the bank, placated them, and then, I called his mom and asked her for the money. She is on vacation on the west coast. I am guessing that my call wasn't really one she wanted to receive. We are so lucky to have her, and I felt like a big pile of dirt even having to ask her.

Soooo, no dinners out, no movies, and since we are so stressed out…definitely no sex.

I wonder if this recession will produce more babies or less? If people are staying home, are they not having sex because they are worried about money? Or are they having lots of sex because there is nothing else to do?

I know it's the last thing on my mind. All I can do is fret away my kid-free week about money.

No comments: