Monday, January 25, 2010

Family Christmas Gifts, a Couple Weeks Later

Went over to Sis-in-Law's for dinner last night with the fam to welcome home Aunt-in-law and her new husband from their island wedding (2nd marriage for both after being widowed -- sweet!).

Went to get a wine glass from the cupboard and Lo, and Behold!, there were the stemless wine glasses I gave Mother-in-law for Christmas! She had turned them over to Sis-in-law because, as Sis-in-Law explained, "She didn't want them."

Gee, thanks. Wonder what to give a person who has everything but drinks alot of wine and has a bull in a china shop for a husband who is famous for spilling on the fancy rugs (you should see his placemat when he finishes a meal)?
I know I was scraping in the gift department but at least they were nice glasses.

Sorry to say, but that did hurt my feelings. What to do in a fussy family who doesn't like anything and eschews gift cards?

I got a nutcracker from Mother-in-Law for my collection with a missing piece (wonder what sale shelf that came from) and a jewelry travel roll from Sis-in-law for ALL THAT TRAVELING I do with ALL THAT JEWELRY I have.

Give me a gift card anyday, please.

Wish I had those stemless glasses.

No comments: