Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grease Fire

Never mind that I made a delicious Sunday dinner of baby back ribs, home made macaroni and cheese, fresh salad with Amish blue cheese crumbles, and a delightful syrah. Never mind that I was feeling accommodating and invited sister-in-law over. And never mind that he had a wonderful baby back rib lunch for two days.

All that matters is when I preheated the oven several nights later, there were some drippings from the ribs in the bottom of the oven that caught on fire. Yes, it did smoke up the kitchen and set the smoke detector off (which was easily turned off with a little fanning), and yes, it burned a little piece of the oven bake element off (which I am replacing through a call to GE).

For all of that I am a "dumbass" that "doesn't think", and am incapable of "doing anything right." Sorry, but my OCD tendencies aren't as finely honed as his. If all I had to do was go to work, I am sure I'd be much more tuned in.

No comments: