Tuesday, September 2, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! Part I

This year it's gonna be a real throw down.

All the family is out of town enjoying the labor day holiday. I am stuck here, in town, working on Diva 1's science project. Here are all the great ways I am celebrating the day before my birthday and the actual birthday day itself (birthdays get dragged out around our house, that is, everyone's except mine).

Day before birthday:

1. Was called a "sour bitch" before noon because husband was still in bed at 11:00 am and I said "when are you getting up, lazybones?"

2. We had a power outage for 5 hours in the morning because of a storm. Husband says"I am so used to utilities being turned off around here, it probably did get cut off". He makes me get up and call the power company.

3. I did 5 loads of laundry, and ironed at least 10 shirts and pants.

4. I made everyone breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, grits, coffee and juice.

5. Helped Diva 1's with her science project, "My Summer" essay, reading log, and spelling.

6. Planted a tea olive tree in the back yard.

7. Got into the vodka at 4:45 pm.

8. No one planned dinner, so husband grilled hot dogs (at least they were kosher and we had dijon mustard). Sis in Law 1 and 2 come over. Sis in Law 2 is bipolar and she didn't eat because she is fasting and praying to release the devil that lives on her back. So she just watched.

9. Diva 1 gets a fever.

10. Both Diva 1 & 2 come downstairs at 2:22 am and can't sleep. I go upstairs with them and sleep with both of them in a 7/8 bed (a bit bigger than a single, but smaller than a double.)

Birthday Day

1. Diva 1 still has a fever so she stays home, which means I have to stay home.

2. Diva 2 cries all the way to school because she is scared to walk in by herself.

3. Dog throws up in the living room and Diva 1 steps in it.

4. I am working on my 3rd load of laundry and trying to work at my business which supports this whole family.

4. The Happy Birthdays wishes I've gotten so far today are from the guy I bought some life insurance from and the car dealer where I got my car (pre-recorded).

Diva 1 is home and digging into everything and it's only 12:45 pm. I am sure the rest of the day will bring some other interesting stuff which I will post in Part II.

No comments: